Monday 5 June 2017

One Love Manchester benefit concert-- in pictures


Music fans have said they had to attend the Manchester benefit concert to show they were determined to "stay strong and carry on", despite recent attacks.
Around 50,000 people are at the concert, which comes 13 days after a bombing at an Ariana Grande show.
Despite the circumstances, a celebratory atmosphere prevailed as Grande herself returned to the stage.
She told the crowd: "I want to thank you for coming together and being so loving and strong and unified."
She added: "I love you guys so much, and I think that the kind of love and unity that you're displaying is the medicine that the world really needs right now."
The 23-year-old US singer performed with Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas, while other highlights were provided by Katy Perry, Coldplay, pharrell williams,Robbie Williams, Liam Gallagher and Justin Bieber.










Former Manchester United footballer David Beckham also delivered a heartfelt video message.
He said:
Manchester is a place that was my home for many years. The people are some of the most special I have ever met in my life. It is somewhere that means so much to me, As a father, what happened made me truly sad and it is a day we will not ever forget. I am proud of everyone there today - everyone in the crowd and all the artists. Tonight is about remembering those who suffered so much on that night, but also celebrating the spirit of this great city. It’s a place we all love."









0 comments:

Post a Comment